I was part of a great chat yesterday with a bunch of Youth Ministers and Brother Paolo of Taize. We were talking about sustaining our calling and spiritual life and musing thereon.
I was thinking about this again today when some scribblings unexpectedly emerged from the lower mesozoic strata layers of my ‘In’ tray. It was a series of questions we’d arrive at on the Depth Retreat as a kind of sustaining ministry personal Offsted questionnaire
- Where have I built in rhythm and ritual to my life?
- Where am I falling into the trap of doing things that are more about justifying myself/my role?
- Where am I embracing silence?
- Where am I ending up adding to an unhealthiness of life?
- Do I know when I’m next spending time with the friendships and relationship that sustain me?
- Where is the time where I can question?
- Where do I rest?
It wasn’t a complete of comprehensive piece of work but it was interesting. Feel free to add or subtract from the list.