The seven deadly sins have been in the media recently (Envy, Pride, Sloth, Greed, Lust, Anger, and Gluttony) by virtue of the fact that the Catholic Church may or may not have been exploring some additional ones. Musing on this in a coffee shop (as I kill time before an evening meeting) I thought about what the seven deadly sins of Youth Ministry might be?
I don’t claim this to be the definitive list but here is my Espresso fuelled seven to which I would welcome your additions and rejections.
- Making yourself the focus of the youth ministry
- Isolating the youth ministry from the life of the Church
- Instilling Information not facilitating exploration
- Modelling an eternal adolescence
- Avoiding accountability
- Not maintaining your own inner life
- Thinking you have nothing more to learn