I was at a presentation by the Red Cross last night where they were updating the voluntary sector on what they are up to! So, I thought I'd let you know too. For us the important bits were:
1. Actively simplifying First Aid!
2. Making it easier for young people to access First Aid Training by:
* A simple package whereby we can be trainers
* A simple package that can train young people to be peer educators
* Supplying resources for both of the above
* Online resources for learning/exploration
The website doesn't seem to be fully up to date with the ideas I was presented with last night and I'm struggling to find all the links, especially the possibilities around accessing the training to be be deliverers of basic first aid training. This is the link for the educator kit though.
They were also showcasing their Youtube videos that helped teens learn some simple techniques like "The Pushover!"