Nigel Pimlott is doing some research on how(if) youth workers evaluate their work. If you have 5 minutes spare please click on ‘continue reading’ then cut n paste the questions into an e-mail and fill in the blanks! E-mail to Nigel.
P.S The questions that Nigel has framed link in well with point number 3 on this piece from the blog.
Please highlight your answers below and just email back to me
1. How would you describe your work with young people?
1. Church based with mainly Christian young people 2. Church based with mainly non-Christian young people 3. Community based with mainly non-Christian young people 4. Mainly schools work 5. A mix of the above 6. Other – please describe in a few words â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦
2. To what extent is evaluation important in your work with young people?
Not at all important Very important
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
3. What do you evaluate in your work with young people?
2. Numbers attending youth club/sessions/church/bible study/project 3. Number of young people coming to faith 4. Success against goals, plans and/or targets 5. Outcomes – that is, the difference you make in the lives of young people 6. Other â€“ please specify â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦..
4. If you do evaluate your work with young people, do you do this mainly to:
1. Indicate if you are doing a good job
2. Improve your work with young people
3. Satisfy people who have given you money and/or funders 4. Satisfy your church, employer, vicar, minister, PCC, deacons or young people 5. Other â€“ please specify â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦..
5. Which of the following do you think are the most important things to measure in evaluating the success of work with young people?
Answer (please put your top five answers in order of most importance, the most important answer/letter being put first) â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦.â€¦â€¦â€¦ a. Number of young people coming to faith b. Amount of justice for young people c. Number of young people going to church d. Personal growth and development of young people e. How discipleship impacts young people f. Number of activities and/or things for young people to do and go to g. Young people being healthy h. Young people being kept safe i. Overall well-being of young people j. What young people achieve in life k. Other (please specify) â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦.