Having done some thinking and reading these are the reasons I shall be proclaiming from my Soap Box:
- It’s Fun
- It’s Biblical (e.g Psalm 78)
- There a lot we can learn from young people
- Youth Ministry shapes next generation of leaders/ministers
- Working with young people gives us warning of changes that will impact the whole culture
- There’s a huge need
- Churches that have services that are genuinely led/planned by young people are having some success with Gen Xers.
Hecklers welcome …. particularly if they are either funny or have a serious point to add to this debate (or preferably, both).
Oh and while you’re heckling what’s a Soap Box anyway? A box that soap came in would only make you a few centimetres higher and then it would collapse???